RumbleSlap

just some rumblings....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Plainfield, Connecticut

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Silly Creatures

Ok, so I missed a couple days. Actually, been busy at work, if you can believe that. I've been at my new job nearly 3 weeks and am starting to blend in with the rest of the crew. I found myself the other day wishing I had more to do. Of course, I should have been more careful, cuz of course I got what I wished for.

Now I'm not disappointed that I have more to do, not at all. I'm happy to be doing something, but I'm more happy that I've been given a chance to do something challenging. So challenging, that my brain hurts!!! Goodness, it's been a few years since I've had that feeling at work!!!

This newfound challenge has got me reflecting on how silly and fickle human nature is. One minute, we find ourselves wishing "we had more time" or that we "have to much to do at work", and we think that we would welcome a more laid back workday. But, once you get that, what do you do? You think things like "I'm bored" or "I wish I had more to do". And then, once you have more, the whole vicious cycle starts again!!!

The only thing that is consistent about Human Nature, at least in my experience, is that we don't ever want to stagnate. We want to switch between busy and lazy modes. I can remember working hard for so long, that all I longed for was a long weekend, or a vacation to do nothing. And sure enough, when I got it, I almost found myself thankful to be back at work. (sometimes, but definitely not ALL the time!!)

So now that I am involved in a project that may be a little over my head, I am starting to hope to see the light at the end of the tunnel and welcome it. Only to know that another tunnel opening is only around the corner.

So for now, I'll be happy doing something, and in a few weeks I might be on here complaining about wanting downtime...

2 Comments:

Blogger DesertElephant said...

Damned wishy washy bastard! Bet you worked for the Kerry Campaign and hated taking even an hour off for lunch. You sicken me you inconsisent clod.

...

...

Nice observation by the way.

11:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BLOG DAMN YOU BLOG!!!!!!

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home