RumbleSlap

just some rumblings....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Plainfield, Connecticut

Friday, November 18, 2005

I QUIT!!!

Today is my last day working for my current company....AGAIN!!! I start a new job on Monday. Looking back, this is the 5th job I have quit in 2 and a half years. YIKES!!!!

I've found that depending on the culture or job type, my fellow employees have acted differently toward me. Let me reflect back to when I left my job in Arizona. Most, if not all of my colleagues were sad to see me go, management put forth a grand effort to get me to stay (to no avail, unfortunately) and my friends were also sad. Since I've been back in CT FREEZING my A$$ off, the experiences I've had quitting (and I've done it 4 times so far here) pretty much from job to job has been quite the opposite. With the exception of 1 employer, there have been no counter-offers or any trying to convice me to stay, or anyone sorry to see me go.

Actually, at least among my fellow workers, the mood has often been congratulatory, like they are happy that I am escaping. One thing is for sure; every time I've quit somewhere, I am always sure whether or not I'm doing the right thing by the attitude of my co workers and supervisors.

Though I haven't minded it here for my 2nd time, I am excited to be going on a new venture. I'll miss a few of the folks I've worked with here that I do consider my friends, but, alas, it's not like I'm leaving the state.

It's been a rough couple years for me career wise, and I hope I can finally be done searching. I finally found a job that should be challenging and definitely is finally going to pay me what I have been looking for.

So, when I say "I QUIT", hopefully it means I quit looking for a job!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger DesertElephant said...

I hope that this move is to a decent place where your talents are fully appreciated. You were one hell of an asset when you were here. Not only at work, but as a friend. When I went back to Bechtel after recovering from my accident, your presence was notably absent. Best of luck in this new venture and let it be the last time you have to say those two words for some time to comr.

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home