RumbleSlap

just some rumblings....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Plainfield, Connecticut

Monday, November 21, 2005

First Day

Today was my first day at my new job. As a matter of fact, it was the 5th such day in 2 years. As far as 1st days go, it was pretty good. 1st days are usually very unproductive, but today was not the case. I was surprised that in my 1st day I was able to accomplish the following:

1. I received a network logon
2. I received a working laptop
3. My e-mail was configured
4. I received my permanent badge and parking pass
5. I attended a mandatory training session that others had been waiting 2 years for

Now, this list usually what I would see in the 1st month, so as you can see, I got a lot done today.

I can't say I was nervous or really looking forward to today. Either switching jobs 5 times in 2 years has numbed me, or it has taught me not to get excited. Either way, I went into work today confident and ready. One thing is almost for sure; today was my last first day of 2005... :)

1 Comments:

Blogger DesertElephant said...

Sounds lke you IT department has its shite together. Took me about 3 days to just get my network and application credentials, and even then it was incomplete. Here's to not having to switch jobs again for some time to come. Cheers!

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home