RumbleSlap

just some rumblings....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Plainfield, Connecticut

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

El Blog Primero

Well, well, well. WTF am I gonna write about? What is this whole 'blog culture about? I've been musing on the idea of doing a blog, and as unoriginal as it sounds (and it is unoriginal), I've always feared I wouldn't have enough to say, or anything interesting enough to say. I've never really been too political or religious, so I don't get to heated up on those topics, so I guess I'll try and find something a little closer to home.

I've always been a big football fan and do follow one of the NFL teams very closely. Than it got me to thinking...What makes a person a Fan of any 1 certain team? Sure, there are many different reasons for being a fan for any one particular team, and very few can explain what incident or driving force MADE them a fan. For me, I became a Patriots fan about the same time I started to become aware of Football. It was pure coincidence that this period of enlightment was in my 1st year living in the Northeast coinciding with the Local Team's 1st trip to the superbowl and being heavy underdogs. Now, they lost the game (probably in one of the MOST lopsided contests in history) but since then, I have remained a loyal fan.

So, my reason for being a fan probably falls under the category of supporting the local team. But what about people who root for teams in a city they have NEVER BEEN TO? What is this? Especially when there is a local team in their market to follow. I am speaking specifically about people who are fans of team in Texas, who with the exception of a good run of superbowl victories in a couple different decades, have not always been "Americas Team". This drives me absolutely nuts, mostly only during the time when that team is doing good, do these fans come out of the woodwork, but in the last few years, they have been pretty scarce(I AM NOT complaining, I'd like it to stay this way). When asked why they are fans, they can't answer with any REAL reason, thus leading to the conclusion of being a FairWeather fan, and only want to root for successful teams. REAL fans are the ones who suppor their team by wearing the hats and merchandise during the 2-14 season, or after the embarassing loss.

Fans of "Americas Team" DON'T do this. They are usually found cowering somewhere complaining about how it was someone else's fault their team lost. PLEASE!!!

Well, anyway, that was my first CRAPTACULAR Blog. If you made it this far, thanks for hanging in there and hopefully I'll get better topics and won't stumble so much. This probably reads something like a Homer Simpson essay, so I apologize.

Slap ya later

2 Comments:

Blogger DesertElephant said...

I'm a Chcago Bears fan for one reason and one reason alone: I was born in Illinois. I occassionally wear the paraphenalia and will watch a game once in a blood red moon. Basically, they are my team for life.

And I hear that the Panthers are America's Team now. *wink*

-Dubya

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*hehehe* craptackular.....i like that word...

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home